Advice and Support
We are committed to providing a high quality service for all our patients, and will do everything possible to make sure that your visit or stay in hospital is satisfactory. We are constantly developing the services we provide to patients and visitors, and welcome your views on how we can improve.
Advice and support is available through different routes including:
Our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS)
PALS offer support, information and assistance to patients, relatives and visitors.
- Provide information about hospital services.
- Offer advice on how to obtain health information and guidance.
- Assist with concerns that you haven’t been able to sort out with staff on a ward or in a department.
- Listen to your views on how we can improve our services, and pass this on to the appropriate person for action.
- Provide advice on how to make a formal complaint.
- Provide advice on independent organisations that can help you with a complaint.
Read more about PALS here.
Pastoral and Spiritual Care
Our Pastoral and Spiritual Care team are here for everyone, regardless of who you are or what you do or do not believe in. They offer:
Pastoral Care - we offer a listening ear
Spiritual Care - we can help you in trying to make sense of your situation
Religious Care - for those who require it we can provide faith support from all the major religions
Read more about Pastoral & Spiritual Care (Chaplaincy)