Awards and Recognition
We know that often our staff can make a huge impact on the patients and colleagues that they come in to contact with, whether through an act of kindness or truly going the extra mile to do something with care and compassion. The Excellence Awards give patients, families and colleagues the opportunity to say thank you and celebrate excellence. Click here for more information.
Roll Call of Honours
The following individuals and teams are to be congratulated on winning or being shortlisted at regional and national level.
- Bereavement cards - Winner of 'Support for Caregivers, Friends and Family' and shortlisted for 'Communicating Effectively with Patients and Families'at the Patient Experience Network (PEN) National Award
- Improving Patients’ Sleep – Reducing Light and Noise levels on Wards at Night - Shortlisted for 'Environment of Care' at the PEN National Awards
- PALS Clinics and Welcome Centre in Hospitals - Shortlisted for 'Turning it Around When it Goes Wrong' at the PEN National Awards
- Rachael Burgess - Winner of the Higher Apprentice of the Year at HEE Star Awards
- Beth Busby - Runner up in the Intermediary Apprentice of the Year category at HEE Star Awards
- Neurology Parkinson's Service - UK Parkinson’s Excellence Network Awards
- Claire Underdown – Winner of the NHS Living the Values Award at the South West Leadership Recognition Awards.
- Dr Sophia Wrigley – Shortlisted for NHS Living the Values Award at the South West Leadership Recognition Awards.
- Jacqui Beer – Shortlisted for Leading and Developing People Award at the South West Leadership Recognition Awards.
- Tony Moffat – Shortlisted for Leading and Developing People Award at the South West Leadership Recognition Awards.
- Claire Goulding – Shortlisted for Excellence in Patient Experience Award at the South West Leadership Recognition Awards.
- Debbie Brenton – Shortlisted for Inspirational Leader Award at the South West Leadership Recognition Awards.
- Finance and Performance Team - Winner of 'Use of Patient Benchmarking Information to increase efficiency and reduce cost' of the QuintilesIMS UK Patient Cost Benchmarking Awards
- Dr Craig Newman – Shortlisted in the Rising Star category at the HSJ Awards.
- Healthroster and Safer Staffing Project Team – Winner in the ‘Regional Project Team – South West’ and ‘Special Achievement’ catergories at the Allocate Awards.
- Safer Staffing with Safe Care – Shortlisted in the ‘Technology and Data in Nursing’ at the Nursing Times Awards.
- Baz Jambor – Named as Healthcare Champion at the National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society Award.
- Sammy Jo Mumford – Shortlisted in the ‘Going the Extra Mile (Public Sector)’ at the WOW! Awards.
- Acute Kidney Injury Team - Shortlisted for Preventing Avoidable Harm at the Patient Safety Awards
- Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust - Shortlisted for NHS Friends and Family Test Awards
- Rheumatology Team (Patient Initiated Appointments System) - Winner in the General Medicine category at the HSJ Value in Healthcare Awards
- Craig Newman (with Cornwall Partnership) - Winner of Neurology Team of the Year at BMJ Awards
- SWARM - Winner of Anaesthesia Team of the Year at BMJ Awards
- Rheumatology Team (Direct Access Project) - Runners-up in Best Practice category of British Society for Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Health Awards
- Greg Dix - Shortlisted for the Inspirational Leader of the Year Award at the National NHS Leadership Recognition Awards
- Tea with Matron - Shortlisted in the Communicating Effectively with Patients and Families category of the Patient Experience Network Awards
- Mags Shugar-Redman - Winner of National WOW! Award for Supporting the Front Line
- Rev Julia French - Finalist in National WOW! Awards for Going the Extra Mile and Judge's Choice
- Hein Scheffer - Finalist in National WOW! Award for Leadership
- Greg Dix - Winner of Inspirational Leader of the Year at the NHS South West Leadership Recognition Awards.
- Juliet Richardson, Jemma Edge and Nicki Martin - Shortlisted for Inspirational Leader of the Year at the NHS South West Leadership Recognition Awards.
- Peninsula and Purchasing Supply Alliance (PPSA) Pharmacy Category Management Team - Shortlisted in the Outstanding Collaborative Leadership Award at the NHS South West Leadership Recognition Awards.
- Research and Development - Highly Commended for Clinical Research Impact at Health Service Journal (HSJ) Awards
- Emergency Department - Shortlisted in Excellence in Accident and Emergency Care Award at CHKS Annual Top Hospitals Programme Awards
- Joe Teape - Winner of NHS Development Champion of the Year at National NHS Leadership Awards
- Clinical Technology Team - Winners of Workforce Innovator of the Year at Healthcare Science Awards
- Abby Morgan - Winner of Inspirational Apprentice Award at South West Regional Health Sector Apprenticeship Awards
- Chantelle Lea - Winner of Higher Apprentice of the Year Award at South West Regional Health Sector Apprenticeship Awards
- Procurement Team - Shortlisted for Initiative of the Year Award at Government Opportunities (GO) Excellence in Public Procurement