We know that often our staff can make a huge impact on the patients and colleagues that they come in to contact with, whether through an act of kindness or truly going the extra mile to do something with care and compassion. The Excellence Awards give patients, families and colleagues the opportunity to say thank you and celebrate excellence. Click here for more information.
Roll Call of Honours
The following individuals and teams are to be congratulated on winning or being shortlisted at regional and national level.
- Hepatology nursing team - Winner of 'Liver Nurse of the Year' at the British Medical Journal Awards
- Kelly Whitehorn - Winner of 'Patient Experience Transformer of Tomorrow' at Patient Experience National Network Awards
- Defence Medical Welfare Service - Runner up of 'Working in Parnership at Patient Experience National Network Awards
- ACE Mobile Dementia App - Finalist in 'Strengthening the Foundation' at Patient Experience National Network Awards
- SALUS - Finalist in 'Innovative use of Technology at Patient Experience National Network Awards
- vCreate - Finalist in 'Communicating Effectively with Patients and Families' at Patient Experience National Network Awards
- Lewis Edwards (Communications Team) in parternship with AHPs and HCSs - Shortlisted for 'Communications Initiative' at Health Service Journal Value Awards
- Fiona Dilorenzo – Winner of HCA of the Year at the RCNi Awards
- Sian Dennison – Winner of Excellence in Cancer Care in the NHS70 Parliamentary Awards.
- Immunology Team - Person-Centred Care Champion Award in the NHS70 Parliamentary Awards.
- Jamie Read - Care and Compassion Award in the NHS70 Parliamentary Awards.
- Joe Rahamim - Lifetime Achievement Award in the NHS70 Parliamentary Awards.
- Fiona Dilorenzo – Nominated for NHS England Kate Granger Awards for Compassionate Care
- Organisational Development - Finalist in ‘Excellence in Employee Engagement’ at the Healthcare People Management Association (HPMA) Awards
- Acute Neurology Service - Highly commended for ‘Redesigning Acute Service’ at the HSJ Value Awards
- #letsbeopen – Winner of ‘Strengthening the Foundation’ and shortlisted for ‘Turning it Around When it goes Wrong’ at the Patient Experience Network National (PENN) award
- Healthy Bones Mobile Unit – Winner of ‘Bringing Patient Experience Closer to Home’ at the Patient Experience Network National (PENN) award
- Bereavement Bags - Shortlisted for ‘Support for Care Givers, Friends and Family’ at the Patient Experience Network National (PENN) award
- Patient Diaries in Intensive Care - Shortlisted for ‘Personalisation of Care’ at the Patient Experience Network National (PENN) award
- SignLive’ – Providing patients, visitors and staff with more choice for hearing services - Shortlisted for ‘Communicating Effectively with Patients and Families’ at the Patient Experience Network National (PENN) award
- Liz Ridgway – Winner of Oncology Nurse of the Year at the British Journal of Nursing (BJN) Awards
- Kate Tantam – Winner of the ‘Chair’s Individual Awards for NHS Values’ at the HEE Star Awards for the South West
- Cherith Wood – Winner of ‘Inspiring Educator’ at the HEE Star Awards for the South West
- South West Anaesthesia Research Matrix (SWARM) - Winner in the Trainee Network category of the Royal College of Anaesthetists (RCoA) and Clinical Research Network Awards.
- #letsbeopen – Winner of Gold for ‘Healthcare Campaign’ and Silver for ‘Not-For-Profit Campaign’ at the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) South Awards.
- Peninsula Motor Neurone Disease Care Network – Shortlisted for ‘Most Effective Adoption and Diffusion of Best Practice’ at the Health Service Journal (HSJ) Awards.
- Huw Rowswell, Dr Tim Nokes and Aaron Nobes - Shortlisted for ‘Best work in prevention of hospital acquired thrombosis (HAT)’ at the Anticoagulation Achievement Awards
- Maria Lawson – Winner of Gary Logue Colorectal Nurse Award
- Safer Staffing and Healthroster - Shortlisted for the ‘Capsticks Award for Innovation in HR’ at the Healthcare People Management Association (HPMA) Awards
- Salus - Shortlisted for ‘Use of Information Technology to Drive Value in Clinical Services’ at HSJ Value in Healthcare Awards
- Bereavement cards - Winner of 'Support for Caregivers, Friends and Family' and shortlisted for 'Communicating Effectively with Patients and Families'at the Patient Experience Network (PEN) National Award
- Improving Patients’ Sleep – Reducing Light and Noise levels on Wards at Night - Shortlisted for 'Environment of Care' at the PEN National Awards
- PALS Clinics and Welcome Centre in Hospitals - Shortlisted for 'Turning it Around When it Goes Wrong' at the PEN National Awards
- Rachael Burgess - Winner of the Higher Apprentice of the Year at HEE Star Awards
- Beth Busby - Runner up in the Intermediary Apprentice of the Year category at HEE Star Awards
- Neurology Parkinson's Service - UK Parkinson’s Excellence Network Awards