Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust is working on an improvement programme which aims to continuously improve the safety, quality and efficiency of our services.
The Trust is working to continuously improve its buildings, facilities and services to ensure they are fit for 21st century healthcare and aid the delivery of safe, efficient and high quality patient care.
One example of this is the Trust's haemodialysis unit which was moved off site to a purpose built unit at Estover, and opened in Summer 2011. The new unit provides state of the art facilities for patients in a community setting, delivered by professional staff, whilst maintaining high standards of care. Key Aims
The improvement work aims to:-
- Improve the environment for the public, patients and staff
- Replace ageing infrastructure
- Logically co-locate services and to improve patient and traffic flows
- Ensure our buildings support rather than constrain safe, high quality, efficient healthcare
- Meet the needs of disabled patients and staff under the Disability Discrimination Act.
More information on the Trust's ongoing, future and successful developments can be found using the links on the left hand side of the page.