Who can become a member?
We would like anyone over 16, with an interest in the healthcare services we provide, to become a member of our new NHS Foundation Trust.
We are recruiting members before the NHS Foundation Trust is formally established. If you would like to become a member, please complete our online membership form.
Members will be registered with the NHS Foundation Trust and all members’ personal details will be kept confidential according to data protection requirements.
Where are our members drawn from?
Members will be continue to be drawn from the three electoral areas made up of:
• Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
• Devon (excluding Plymouth)
Staff members will be drawn from the following staff groups:
• Admin and Clerical (A&C), Management, Hospital Chaplains and Estates
• Nursing and Midwifery Services
• Medical and Dental
• Health Professionals
• Contracted Staff
What do members do?
They can stand as Governors, elect Governors, give community views to Governors, receive regular information, attend meetings and events and give their opinions.
Why would I want to join?
• You will be updated regularly on what is happening in the Trust
• You can become involved in activities, focus groups and plans
• You could positively influence plans for the development of the Trust and our services
• It’s free to join
• You can stand for election to become a Governor or you can elect Governors to represent your views on the Council of Governors
How do I join?
Please complete the membership form in our consultation document or complete our online membership form.