The new Living With and Beyond Cancer Service based at the Mustard Tree Macmillan Centre was launched on 21st October 2011. The service is funded by Macmillan Cancer Support for 4 years extends the support and information already offered by The Mustard Tree and its Triangle Outreach centres at Kingsbridge, Tavistock and Liskeard.
Research has suggested that there will be more than 4 million people living with and beyond cancer in the UK by the year 2030¹. The Living With and Beyond Cancer team aims to support patients and their families and carers affected by cancer to manage their lives as independently as possible by enabling them to cope and live well.
The Living With and Beyond Cancer Service offers:
- A dedicated telephone support and information line, 01752 431467 (Monday-Friday 10am-4pm)
- One to one consultations with specialist support staff
- Education sessions and workshops offering advice on a range of health and wellbeing topics
- Signposting to a wide range of services and support within local communities
- Appropriate fitness, activity and exercise for health and wellbeing
- Information and support within the workplace
The service offers time to meet with patients, carers and relatives and talk together, helping them to plan how to cope and live well. The aim is very much to support anyone living with and beyond cancer by going that extra mile.
For more information about the Living With and Beyond Cancer Service, please call 01752 431465 to speak to one of the team.