The GU Medicine department provides advice, diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections including HIV and some other genital conditions.
We offer a free, friendly and completely confidential service for general advice, diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STI's). All our staff are skilled and friendly and are able to address the needs of all age groups.
The GU Medicine department also has its own psychologist. If you want to talk to him, ask a Health Adviser or Doctor. Treatment is available for distressing memories, anxiety, panics, depression, relationship problems or other problems, which can be caused by bad life events such as rape, childhood abuse or assaults.
Are You Concerned?
- Have you had sex with a new partner?
- Has your partner had sex with another?
- Do you have genital discharge, soreness, rash, spots or ulcers?
- Does it hurt when you pass water?
- Is there pain or burning during or after sex?
- Have you been sexually assaulted?
- If you are a man, have you had sex with another man?
How Can We Help You?
- General HIV and AIDS advice and information
- HIV pre test information
- HIV antibody testing
- Post test support/counselling
- Advice regarding blood related injuries
- Safer sex advice
- Hepatitis B and C information
GU Medicine Opening Times
Walk in services – no appointment necessary
Monday – Friday 08.30 to 10.30 am
Men please do not pass urine for at least 2 hours before attending
Morning, afternoon and evening appointments are available
Phone 08451 558189
Saturday morning appointments available
Phone 08451 558189 from Wednesday to book for the following Saturday
Routine wart treatment is not available on Saturday mornings
The Department of GU Medicine
If you live in South Devon you can ring South Hams Hospital on 01548 852349 for an appointment, these clinics are held on a Tuesday morning.
- Download a map showing the location of GU Medicine at Derriford Hospital