Heartswell lodge is a purpose built accommodation for relatives and friends of patients undergoing treatment in Derriford hospital as well as anyone who has business visiting the hospital. It is situated a few minutes walk from the hospital. The lodge was originally built by the HeartSWell South West charity, a local charity that raises money for the South West Cardiothoracic Centre, to accommodate relatives of patients undergoing heart surgery at the SWCC. There are also facilities for patients who are admitted to Derriford on the day of their planned surgery, but who live too far away to travel on the day, to spend the previous night in the lodge.
- Single rooms with ensuite W.C.
- Twin rooms with ensuite shower and W.C.
- Disabled bedroom with ensuite facilities available
- One full size bathroom, one disabled shower room
- Large south facing lounge and dining area
- Kitchen with fridge freezer, microwaves
- Laundry service available
- Continental breakfast included
- Telephone with direct lines to Derriford Wards in every room
- Pay phone available for all other calls.
- Courtesy bus service between Derriford and HeartSWell, must be requested. Twice daily, Monday to Friday only
There is a charge for accommodation at the lodge, for further details please contact the Lodge directly:
Plymouth PL6 8BE
Tel: 01752 315900
Fax: 01752 315913
To download the HeartSWell information leaflet please click this link