We are committed to providing a high quality service for all our patients, and will do everything possible to make sure that your visit or stay in hospital is satisfactory. We are constantly developing the services we provide to patients and visitors, and welcome your views on how we can improve.
Comments and suggestions
Tell us about your experiences of the Trust, both positive and negative. You can talk or write to:
Your opinions will help us to plan and make changes
For further information contact Jayne Glynn, Patient Experience Manager on 01752 439695.
Staff do their very best to make sure you receive care and treatment of the highest standard. However, if you are dissatisfied or have any queries please let us know so that we can help you resolve things.
- Talk to a member of staff in the ward or department. They will attempt to resolve things as quickly as possible.
- Contact the Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS)
PALS offer support, information and assistance to patients, relatives and visitors.
- Provide information about hospital services
- Offer advice on where to go to get health information
- Help with problems that you haven’t been able to sort out with staff on a ward in a department
- If you want to make a complaint - advise you how to do so
- Tell you about independent organisations that can help you with a complaint
- Listen to your views on how we can improve our services, and pass this on to the appropriate people for action
How to contact PALS
Open Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
Telephone: 0845 155 8123 / 01752 439884 (internally 39884) / 01752 432564 (internally 32564)
Patient Advice & Liaison Service
Patient Services Office
Make a complaint
If you wish to make a formal complaint please do so as soon as possible after the event. Please write to:
Patient Experience Manager
The NHS and Social Care Complaints Procedure has two stages:
- Local Resolution (Stage 1)
- Appeal to the Health Services Ombudsman (Stage 2)
We will acknowledge formal complaints within two working days and a full investigation will be carried out. We have an obligation, under the NHS and Social Care Complaints Procedure to resolve complaints as quickly as possible. Our aim is to respond within twenty five working days but this will depend on the complexity of the complaint and may take longer. We will keep you informed if for any reason we need more time to complete our investigation.
Health Service Ombudsman
If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of local resolution you have the right to proceed to the second and final stage of the NHS and Social Care Complaints Procedure by requesting a review of your complaint by the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. Details are available at www.ombudsman.org.uk.
Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Plymouth is a free, independent advocacy service that can help you make a complaint about any aspect of your NHS care or treatment. Their telephone number is 0300 3435719.
For further information please contact the Patient Experience Manager at Jayne.Glynn@nhs.net