Preparing to Leave
• Arrangements for discharging you from hospital will begin as soon as you arrive. Your discharge plan will be agreed with you so that the right arrangements can be made.
• Please think about what your needs will be. Will you need any help at home? Is there anyone who can give you some support while you recover? How will you travel home?
• If you are worried about how you will manage when you leave hospital, please tell the nurse in charge of your ward.
Your hospital doctor will write to your GP to tell them what treatment you have had.
On the Day you Leave
• Make sure you have the medicine you need
• Ask the nurse in charge of your ward for any medical certificates you need
• Collect your hospital discharge letter for your GP
• Ask for cash or valuables we have been keeping safe for you
• If you are taking home any hospital equipment (such as crutches) please bring it back at your next outpatient appointment.