Who are the Quality Academy team?
As a team we are from a variety of professional backgrounds including;
- Operating Department Practitioners
- External Industry & NHS Improvement
- Improvement & Change Management
This Multi-Disciplinary approach allows us to drive positive change whilst truly understanding demands, pressures and challenges that our wards and departments are experiencing.
Our colleagues are reassured by our inclusive approach and empowered that we as a team are so heavily involved in ensuring that Trust-wide change and improvement is managed effectively taking into account the needs of all user groups. We constantly challenge traditional ways of thinking and working in order to improve both patient safety and the day-to-day lives of our University Hospitals Plymouth staff.
Our Role ….
- Support & facilitate team driven improvement activity
- Training & Advice
- Queries & Questions
- Encourage Suggestions/ideas for improvement
- Bridge the gap between clinical and non-clinical teams
- Listening to the needs of patients, the Trust & our staff of all specialities
- Ensure that change & Improvement is managed supportively & effectively
- Reducing Clinical Risk
How do we share our learning?
There are many ways that we share our learning within University Hospitals Plymouth (UHP);
- Each month we hold a ‘Report Out’ event, which is open to ALL staff. This provides a forum to share learning relating to improvements that are ongoing in all areas throughout the Trust as part of the #PeopleFirst programme.
All staff are encouraged to share their improvement projects and learning internally across the Trust as well as externally on National and International platforms. Learning is also shared within the Trust over a variety of platforms via the UHP Communications Team. The Quality Academy are also on Twitter- @QAPlymouth
Bryonie Bugg - Improvement Administrator
Kay Sharp - Programme Manager
Laura Goodspeed - Improvement Coordinator
Mitch Persad - Improvement Facilitator
Neil Hammacott - Head Of Improvement
Pippa Jephcott - Improvement Lead
Richard Best - Director Of Improvement
Ryan Hunneman - Specialist Practice Coach
Stephanie Morgan - Specialist Practice Coach