Help with energy bills and cost of living
Help for households
Salary Finance has created a guide to coping with the cost of living squeeze. This includes information about groceries, utilities, insurance, debt and energy. Read the guide
Help with food and other lifestyle savings
UHP’s employee assistance provider ‘Vivup’, offers a number of discounts on supermarkets, utilities, cars and commuting, home, garden and pets. Find out more in the Cost of Living Benefits Guide, and create your account at vivup.co.uk
Help with water or energy charges
Help with fuel vouchers
If you are struggling to keep you pre-payment meter topped up, there is support to help you when it’s tough. Emergency fuel vouchers give your meter a boost while you get back on your feet. Contact your supplier right away and ask them for help.
Help with travel costs
The cost of a car isn’t just the amount you paid to buy it. There are insurance costs, servicing costs and everything else over the course of a year you’ll need to pay to keep the car running safely and legally. Money Helper has a car costs calculator to help you work out how much it will cost to run a particular car.
UHP Staff Car Parking
The daily rate for parking is £2.50.
- Paying by salary deduction may help with the cost of parking. Please visit StaffNET for more information and a car parking part time calculator.
- The permit application system is closed as the site is over-capacity. For staff members with exceptional circumstances, please email email@example.com
- Payment is via parking machines. If you park in the North West Quadrant car park, ‘gravel pit’ (NWQ). You can pay at the parking cabin. For queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to capacity, the NWQ gravel pit car park is closed to new applicants.
- For other parking enquiries, email email@example.com.
Free parking for night shifts
For staff who work nights, from 1 June 2022, parking is free on site from 7pm to 8am.
Disabled parking is free. Blue badge parking can be found in Car Park A, Staff D and C- the blue badge must be taken to the parking desk to be added to our staff list.
Park and Ride
Parking is free at the Park and Rides
- The George Park & Ride: free bus travel is available to and from this site. Show your staff card and use the direct buses; Stagecoach 1 and Citybus service 34 and 42C. Walking takes approx. 20 minutes.
- Coypool Park & Ride: no direct service from the carpark, but Citybus service 51 stops at Argosy house, which is just a 5 minute walk away.
- Milehouse Park and Ride: no direct service from the carpark. Citybus service 34 stops on Outland Road and goes straight to the hospital.
For more information about The George Park and Ride, Coypool Park and Ride and Milehouse Park and Ride, visit the council website.
Stagecoach is offering up to 30% discount on some tickets to UHP staff with a valid NHS email address.
You will need to download their app on your phone and buy the tickets through it. The instructions to activate the staff only offer are on Staffnet (please note the link to Staffnet will only work from a Trust device).
£2 bus fare cap
You can buy single bus tickets for £2 on numerous journeys until the end of June.
Cycling - Sustrans: Bicycle loan and hire, equipment and gear, Bicycle repair or maintenance
Through our Cycle to Work employee benefit with Vivup, you can save up to 43%* on big brand bikes and safety equipment for your journey to and from work, enabling you to experience all the benefits of regular biking while enjoying a little more money in your pocket. Whether you’re looking for a hardy mountain bike, a versatile hybrid or a reliable road bike, you’re sure to find the right model to suit your journey and riding style from some of the most popular manufacturers. Get started at vivup.co.uk
*Savings are realised through a salary sacrifice arrangement. Excluding disposal fee (if applicable). Figures are a guide only and dependent on personal situation.
Corporate Childcare Salary Sacrifice Scheme - Happy Days Nursery
By opting into the corporate scheme you will save approximately 30%* of your childcare costs. The scheme runs for a period of 12 months from 1st December until 30th November annually. You can join the scheme on the 1st of the month; if you want to leave the scheme this must be at the end of the month (as the scheme does not allow you to join or leave part-way through a month or re-join within the same scheme year). Your salary will reduce when you enter the scheme and this will be reflected in your payslip. You will be issued with a letter confirming your new salary which will act as an amendment to your contract. For more information about the scheme please contact the HR People Team on 01752 437042 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Days Nursery is open from 7.00am to 6.00pm (7.00am to 7.00pm upon request) and is based at Unit 3a and 3b, Derriford Business Park. To make an enquiry or book a tour please contact the nursery on 01752 786318 or email: email@example.com.
*Applicable savings: Tax, NI and Pension contributions.
Tax Free Childcare
The Government’s Tax-free Childcare scheme offers up to £2,000 a year per child towards childcare costs, including nursery, childminder and wrap-around care. Your child must be aged 11 or younger (or 16 if your child has a disability). It essentially gives you basic-rate tax back on your bill. To find out if you are eligible and how much you could save go to https://www.gov.uk/tax-free-childcare
Help with food and other lifestyle savings
UHP’s employee assistance provider ‘Vivup’, offers a number of discounts on supermarkets, utilities, cars and commuting, home, garden and pets. Find out more in the Cost of Living Guide, and create your account at vivup.co.uk
Level 7 restaurant offers a range of subsidised value meal deals for Trust staff.
Derriford Centre for Health and Wellbeing (DCHW)
- 25% staff discount off all lunch meals
- £2.00 each, take home or eat-in nutritious meals. Available between 11:30 and 19:00.
- The daily specials have a great selection of gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan options.
Gambling Support: For free confidential advice and help, the National Gambling Helpline is available 24/7, on 0808 8020 133 or Gambiling support live chat. BeGambleAware.org also provides information and advice to help keep people safe from gambling harms, and signposts those that need immediate help and support to the National Gambling Helpline, operated by GamCare, https://www.begambleaware.org/NGTS.html
Discount and cashback websites