Worried about debt?
Visit Money Helper for free debt advice, and how to speak to the people you owe money to. They’ll also give tips to help you pay back your debts in the right order.
They have guides to explain the different ways you can pay off your debts, so you can understand more about the journey towards being debt-free.
Dealing with debt can cause stress and worry, meaning you may find it difficult to concentrate on work and other responsibilities. Angel Advance provides online debt advice to get you back on track and make your finances more manageable.
Angel Advance can deal with lenders on your behalf, help clear your debts at an affordable pace, and provide solutions in your best interest.
Finances affecting your mental health?
In the UK, it is estimated that 50% of people in debt also experience a mental health problem, and one in five people experiencing a mental health problem also experiences money issues.
Access support from mental health and money advice
Speak to someone about debt today
- If you are in crisis you can call the Samaritans for free, any time, day or night on 116 123.
- Help in Plymouth
- Citizen Advice national website
- National Debtline https://www.nationaldebtline.org/, or call 0808 808 4000 from Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm.
- StepChange debt charity
- Lamplight Support Services | Royal College of Nursing – open to the nursing community - RCN members can call RCN Direct on 0345 772 6100; Individuals not in RCN membership can call 0345 772 6200.
- The Money Helper service offers free impartial money guidance over the phone, by webchat and WhatsApp. Contact them today.
- 24 hour counselling helpline for UHP staff from the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) though Vivup on 03303 800658
- The Trust’s Pastoral and Spiritual Care Team is here for you and support and can be accessed by 01752 245255 (or internal 55255) or via switchboard on 01752 202082 day or night to page the duty Chaplain.
- Local Trade Unions - MB (01752) 439274 (internal 39274); Unison (01752) 439276 (internal 39276); RCN (01752) 439314; Unite (01752) 431337 (internal 31337), plus other Trade Unions or Professional bodies who are not identified here will be contactable on the internet or can be signposted via the HR team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Gambling Helpline is available 24/7, on 0808 8020 133 or Gambling support live chat
Be aware of loan sharks
The England Illegal Money Lending Team work to stop loan sharks and investigates and prosecutes illegal money lenders while supporting those who have borrowed money from a loan shark. If you need help please contact: Tel: 07864 928758 Email: email@example.com