Chief Operating Officer Kevin Baber opened our Planned Investigation Unit in its new home on Level 5 of Derriford Hospital on Wednesday 10 June. The opening included a little surprise for Sister Angie Newton. Watch the video below to find out what the surprise was.
Some interesting facts about the new Planned Investigation Unit:
- Staff there will see and treat around 70 patients per week
- There are 8 beds in the unit
- The team care for patients from most specialties across the hospital
- The unit will be instrumental in helping see patients who have had to wait while planned appointments have been on hold during COVID-19
- The nurse-led outpatient clinics have received some great feedback from patients who really appreciate the care provided