COVID-19 has impacted greatly on every aspect of caring, affecting carer’s access to support and services and their physical and mental wellbeing. Many have become carers for the first time, with those who have been caring for a while are facing greater challenges and pressures than ever before. That’s why it’s never been more important for carers to be informed and know their rights.
Each year, Carers Rights Day helps to:
- Ensure carers are aware of their rights
- Let carers know where to get help and support
- Raise awareness of the needs of carers.
- Get information on your rights as a carer and an overview of the practical and financial support available to you
Across Plymouth and Devon there are a number of events planned to mark Carers Rights Day 2020 and to provide family and friend carers with the opportunity to access help, support and information.
We want to ensure you have access to support. There are a number of carer support services available to you; please pick up the phone if you need help.
- If you care for someone living in Plymouth contact Caring for Carers: 01752 201890
- If you care for someone living in Devon contact Devon Carers: 0300 500 4043
- If you care for someone living in Cornwall contact Kernow Carers: 0800 587 8191