Miss C Forbes-Haley
Consultant in Restorative Dentistry
BDS(Bristol), MJDF RCS(Eng), FGDP UK, FDS RCS(Eng).
Restorative dentistry involves the study, diagnosis and integrated management of diseases of the oral cavity, the teeth and supporting structures. It encompasses the dental so called restorative mono-specialties of endodontics, periodontics and fixed (including dental implants) and removable prosthodontics.
Restorative dentists use knowledge and skill in all of these specialties, working with other dental, medical and surgical specialists and other clinical colleagues, in the management of cases requiring complex, multi-faceted care, such as:
- Patients affected by developmental disorders such as hypodontia, cleft lip and palate, aggressive periodontitis and amelogenesis imperfecta
- Patients who have undergone radiotherapy and ablative surgery for the management of oral cancer
- Patients who have had traumatic injuries to the face, mouth and teeth
- Patients who have sustained damage caused by periodontal (gum) disease, tooth decay, tooth attrition and acid erosion
- Patients with severe medical and surgical problems to ensure the best treatment outcome
General areas of expertise:
- Developmental dental abnormalities, head & neck oncology and sever dental trauma.
- For patients outside of these groups creation of treatment plans so a patient’s dental management can be provided in local general dental practice.
Particular areas of expertise:
- Lead for managing Dental Developmental Abnormalities in the South West (2015-2020)
- Clinical Lead and Consultant in Restorative Dentistry.
- Regional Cleft team.
- Medical advisory board for Ectodermal dysplasia society
- RD UK member.
- MCN SW Restorative member.