Medical Assessment Unit
The Medical Assessment Unit is made up of two wards Tavy (Female) and Thrushel (Male). Each has 23 beds and take medical admissions from the Emergency Department and direct from the GP. We see a variety of medical conditions and once assessed transfer patients to the most appropriate speciality.
Why work for us?
It is an extremely busy unit and all our nurses work extremely hard, they are friendly, passionate and caring.
Looking for a job?
Click here to see all of our current Nursing and Midwifery opportunities.
We run regular recruitment events for qualified nurses (and those soon to be qualified), you can find out about our next event here.
If you are interested in volunteering with us to find out more about careers in healthcare, click here.
- Cardiology and Neurology
- Colorectal, HPB, Upper GI and General Surgery
- Critical Care (Cardiac)
- Critical Care (General)
- Emergency Department
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Gynaecology, Fertility and Sexual Health
- Health Care of the Elderly
- Main Outpatients and PIU
- Medical Assessment Unit (MAU)
- Ophthalmology (REI)
- Paediatrics and Neonatal
- Respiratory Medicine
- Surgical Assessment Unit (SAU)
- Trauma, Orthopaedics and Rheumatology