Gynaecology, Fertility & Sexual Health
Gynaecology, Fertility and Sexual Health services at Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust encompass Ocean Suite, Gynaecology Outpatient Department and Your Sexual Health in Plymouth (YourShip).
We provide specialised gynaecology, fertility and sexual health care for the population of Plymouth and surrounding area, working as a cohesive multidisciplinary team to ensure we deliver a seamless service.
We provide a wide range of services which include:
- Colposcopy and Hysteroscopy
- Early Pregnancy Unit
- Emergency Gynae Unit
- Inpatient gynaecological investigations and treatment
- Pregnancy Advice Centre
- Gynaecology oncology
- Fertility services
- Sexual Health treatment, advice and support
The nursing teams are overseen by Matron Cath Williams and each area is led by the Senior Sister/Charge Nurse (except Colposcopy which is Nurse Consultant led).
Why work for us?
We are a dedicated, friendly and welcoming team who strongly believe in caring for patients, their loved ones and their colleagues. We constantly review how we work to improve and develop services for patients and are always looking for ways to ensure working within this speciality is interesting, challenging and enjoyable.
Looking for a job?
We run regular recruitment events for qualified nurses (and those soon to be qualified), you can find out about our next Nursing and Midwifery open day.
Visit our volunteering page if you are interested in volunteering with us to find out more about careers in healthcare.
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiology and Neurology
- Cardiothoracic and vascular surgery
- Colorectal, HPB, Oesophageal – Gastric and General Surgery
- Critical Care (Cardiac)
- Critical Care (General)
- Emergency Department
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Gynaecology, Fertility and Sexual Health
- Health Care of the Elderly
- Immunology and allergy
- Main Outpatients and PIU
- Medical Assessment Unit (MAU)
- Ophthalmology (REI)
- Paediatrics and Neonatal
- Respiratory Medicine
- Surgical Assessment Unit (SAU)
- Trauma, Orthopaedics and Rheumatology