Dr N Gafoor
Consultant Interventional Radiologist
Qualifications: MBBS, MRCP, FRCR
Dr Nelofer Gafoor grew up in South India and completed her basic medical training in India. Dr Gafoor undertook general medical training at Derriford Hospital in Plymouth and then radiology training at the Peninsula Radiology Academy.
She did a fellowship in Interventional Radiology at Sunnybrook Hospital, Toronto in 2012 and was appointed as a Consultant Interventional Radiologist at University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust in 2013.
General areas of expertise:
- Diagnostic and interventional radiology.
- She is actively involved in education, teaching IR to medical students, residents, and offering interdisciplinary lectures to physicians whose specialties overlop with IR
Particular Areas of expertise:
- Image-guided pinhole surgery to treat a variety of conditions in the least intensive way.
- Ablation of the liver, kidney and lung
- Embolotherapy, including bland hepatic artery emoboloization and chemoemboloization.
- Complex biliary/hepatic interventions
- Vascular interventions
Secretary: 01752 432519