The Dermatology Unit is located on Rowan House on Derriford Hospital site. It has a treatment area, an ultraviolet treatment area, a minor surgery suite, and five consultation rooms. We have two waiting areas; one main waiting area and a children’s waiting area. We also have two bathrooms with hoists,as part of our treatment service.
The Unit is open from 08.00 until 17.00, five days a week. We run daily general Dermatology clinics. The ultraviolet service runs five days per week. The treatment suite is available daily for general treatments. We offer many Dermatology services including;
- An Iontophoresis service for hyperhidrosis, a common condition in which a person sweats excessively.
- Nurse Led Systemic Drug Monitoring Clinics, for chronic and acute skin conditions which are supported by three nurse prescribers.
- A Biologics Drug Clinic, supported by three nurse prescribers.
- There is a Photodynamic Therapy Clinic weekly, which treats pre cancers and cancerous skin lesions.
- A Patch Test Clinic is run weekly, and the patients attend Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Minor Surgery is undertaken on the Unit, by nurses, to assist with diagnosis as well as removal of skin lesions.
Please note the Doctors and nurses also work in other areas as part of the Dermatology Service. This includes peripheral hospitals at Tavistock, Liskeard and Kingsbridge. They also undertake more complex surgery in the main outpatients minor operating suite on Level 6 plus the Freedom Unit on level 2 of Derriford Hospital
Why work for us?
- Excellent development opportunities for our nursing staff excellent.
- Family friendly working hours in the unit.
Looking for a job?
Click here to see all of our current Nursing and Midwifery opportunities.
We run regular recruitment events for qualified nurses (and those soon to be qualified), you can find out about our next event here.
If you are interested in volunteering with us to find out more about careers in healthcare, click here.
- Cardiology and Neurology
- Colorectal, HPB, Upper GI and General Surgery
- Critical Care (Cardiac)
- Critical Care (General)
- Emergency Department
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Gynaecology, Fertility and Sexual Health
- Health Care of the Elderly
- Main Outpatients and PIU
- Medical Assessment Unit (MAU)
- Ophthalmology (REI)
- Paediatrics and Neonatal
- Respiratory Medicine
- Surgical Assessment Unit (SAU)
- Trauma, Orthopaedics and Rheumatology