The Dermatology Unit is located on Rowan House on Derriford Hospital site. It has a treatment area, an ultraviolet treatment area, a minor surgery suite, and five consultation rooms. We have two waiting areas; one main waiting area and a children’s waiting area. We also have two bathrooms with hoists,as part of our treatment service.
The Unit is open from 08.00 until 17.00, five days a week. We run daily general Dermatology clinics. The ultraviolet service runs five days per week. The treatment suite is available daily for general treatments. We offer many Dermatology services including;
- A Botulinum Toxin A service for hyperhidrosis, a common condition in which a person sweats excessively.
- Nurse Led Systemic Drug Monitoring Clinics, for chronic and acute skin conditions which are supported by three nurse prescribers.
- Biologics and Systemic Drug Clinics, supported by nurse prescribers.
- There is a Photodynamic Therapy Clinic weekly, which treats pre cancers and cancerous skin lesions.
- A Patch Test Clinic is ran weekly in collaboration with a Consultant.
- Minor Skin Surgery is undertaken on the Unit, by specialist surgical nurse practitioners, to assist with diagnosis and removal of skin lesions.
- Clinical Nurse Specialists and support workers provide specialist care and coordinate treatments for skin cancer patients throughout their diagnosis, and also arrange subsequent care and any following procedures required.
Please note the Doctors and nurses also work in other areas as part of the Dermatology Service. This includes peripheral hospitals at Tavistock, Liskeard and Kingsbridge.
Why work for us?
- Excellent development opportunities and career progression for our nursing staff.
- Family friendly working hours in the unit.
- We have an extremely supportive and passionate team.
- There is a wide variety of learning resources available to develop and grow as a person and professional.
- We always strive for the absolute best for our patients.