Colorectal, HPB, Upper GI and General Surgery
This nursing team covers Wolf and Stonehouse wards. We take emergency adult admissions from the Surgical Assessment Unit, who are transferred post assessment. Our specialties include hepatobiliary, colorectal, upper GI and general surgery. Elective admissions from the same specialities are transferred post theatre or ITU admission to the wards. There are three level 1 areas within the two wards that provide safe higher dependency care to these patients.
Why work for us?
- We offer a formal or informal rotation programme throughout the three surgical wards.
- Flexible working for staff of all grades.
- We provide a full education passport package delivered by our full time resident clinical educator. This package incorporates all the specialist surgical clinical skills that will be required to be a functional band 5 within a surgical ward.
- Specialist level 1 nursing training is also part of the programme when nurses feel they are ready for a different experience.
Looking for a job?
Click here to see all of our current Nursing and Midwifery opportunities.
We run regular recruitment events for qualified nurses (and those soon to be qualified), you can find out about our next event here.
If you are interested in volunteering with us to find out more about careers in healthcare, click here.
- Cardiology and Neurology
- Colorectal, HPB, Upper GI and General Surgery
- Critical Care (Cardiac)
- Critical Care (General)
- Emergency Department
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Gynaecology, Fertility and Sexual Health
- Health Care of the Elderly
- Main Outpatients and PIU
- Medical Assessment Unit (MAU)
- Ophthalmology (REI)
- Paediatrics and Neonatal
- Respiratory Medicine
- Surgical Assessment Unit (SAU)
- Trauma, Orthopaedics and Rheumatology