Surgical Assessment Unit (SAU)
SAU offers a diverse type of nursing. SAU assess surgical patients referred by GP or the emergency department. The unit has 26 inpatient beds and a large triage area with chairs & couches for patients undergoing assessment. SAU also has an ultrasound suite based within the Triage area
Why work for us?
Opportunity for developing acute surgical & triage skills are offered following a local induction. SAU have a specialist clinical educator who tailors training to individuals specific interests
Looking for a job?
We run regular recruitment events for qualified nurses (and those soon to be qualified), you can find out about our next Nursing and Midwifery open day.
Visit our volunteering page if you are interested in volunteering with us to find out more about careers in healthcare.
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiology and Neurology
- Cardiothoracic and vascular surgery
- Colorectal, HPB, Oesophageal – Gastric and General Surgery
- Critical Care (Cardiac)
- Critical Care (General)
- Emergency Department
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Gynaecology, Fertility and Sexual Health
- Health Care of the Elderly
- Immunology and allergy
- Main Outpatients and PIU
- Medical Assessment Unit (MAU)
- Ophthalmology (REI)
- Paediatrics and Neonatal
- Respiratory Medicine
- Surgical Assessment Unit (SAU)
- Trauma, Orthopaedics and Rheumatology