University Hospitals Plymouth is an accredited South West Regional Centre for the treatment of Brain and Central Nervous System tumours. The Neuroscience Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) serves the population of the peninsula Cancer Network and serves a population of 1.7 million people.
All patients diagnosed with a brain tumour are referred in via The South West Regional Centre.
The Neuroscience team is comprised of clinicians, nurses and administrative staff who have a specialist interest and expertise in treating brain and spinal tumours benign and malignant. It is both a local and tertiary referral service that provides care to patients in the South West Peninsula. It runs alongside services in Plymouth, Truro, Torbay, Exeter and North Devon.
The Neuroscience multi disciplinary team (MDT) consist of 6 consultant neuro surgeons, 4 consultant oncologists, 5 consultant radiologists, 2 consultant histopathologists, 3 neuro psychologist and 4 neuro-oncology clinical nurse specialist. There is 24/7 cover for the service in the neuro surgical team and oncology team.
Our staffs are committed to providing high quality, personalised care in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Mr J D Palmer 01752 432271
- Mr P Whitfield 01752 431114
- Mr P Fewings 01752 431330
- Mr N Haden 01752 439381
- Mr T Berei 01752 437667
- Mr Muquit 01752 437667
- Dr L Lim (Plymouth) 01752 432338
- Dr P Bliss (Exeter and North Devon) 01392 403972
- Dr P Bliss (Torbay) 01803 655385
- Dr A McCormack (Exeter and North Devon) 01392 404578
- Dr F Minear (Truro) 01872 258301
Neuro-Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialists:
- Louise Davies (Exeter and North Devon) 01752 439393
- Tony Shute and Helen Cooper (Plymouth) 01752 431521
- Glad Baldry and Jennifer Berei (Truro and Torbay) 01752 439092