The Dermatology Unit is located in Rowan House on the Derriford Hospital site (visit the Derriford sitemap). It has a treatment area, an ultraviolet treatment area, a minor surgery suite, and five consultation rooms. We have two waiting areas; one main waiting area and a children’s waiting area. We also have two bathrooms with hoists,as part of our treatment service.
The Unit is open from 08.00 until 17.00, five days a week. We run daily general Dermatology clinics. The ultraviolet service runs five days per week. The treatment suite is available daily for general treatments. We offer many Dermatology services including;
- A Botulinum Toxin A service for hyperhidrosis, a common condition in which a person sweats excessively.
- Nurse Led Systemic Drug Monitoring Clinics, for chronic and acute skin conditions which are supported by three nurse prescribers.
- Biologics and Systemic Drug Clinics, supported by nurse prescribers.
- There is a Photodynamic Therapy Clinic weekly, which treats pre cancers and cancerous skin lesions.
- A Patch Test Clinic is ran weekly in collaboration with a Consultant.
- Minor Skin Surgery is undertaken on the Unit, by specialist surgical nurse practitioners, to assist with diagnosis and removal of skin lesions.
- Clinical Nurse Specialists and support workers provide specialist care and coordinate treatments for skin cancer patients throughout their diagnosis, and also arrange subsequent care and any following procedures required.
Please note the Doctors and nurses also work in other areas as part of the Dermatology Service. This includes peripheral hospitals at Tavistock, Liskeard and Kingsbridge.
Patient Self Check-in Service
Please use the self-check-in service situated outside the Ward and proceed to the appropriate waiting area once you have checked in. If you have any issues with the self-check-in service, the Reception Team on the Unit are on hand to assist as appropriate.