Industrial Action involving Junior Doctors
Planned industrial action has been announced by the British Medical Association (BMA) involving junior doctors. The action will run from 06:59 on Monday 13 March to 06:59 on Thursday 16 March.
Industrial action is a national dispute between the Government and Trades Unions about terms and conditions. We are committed in keeping disruption to our services to a minimum on these dates, and we have measures in place to ensure the safety and welfare of our patients and our staff.
What will be different?
Please be reassured that we are all working together to care for all of our patients and their loved ones. Please be patient and kind to our staff if you are finding yourself experiencing a wait for our services. We’ve been working very closely with the unions to try and keep as many of our services running as possible, but we know that some of our patients may be impacted as a consequence of the strike.
What can I do to help?
If you have an appointment please attend unless you hear from us. Please do not call to check if your appointment is going ahead. We will be in touch with you directly if we need to rearrange an appointment.
Our Emergency Department (ED)
Please use our Emergency Department if you have a life-threatening emergency. Please be aware that our service, like the wider NHS and local health and care system, is very busy:
- If you have a minor illness or minor injury, local GP surgeries and pharmacies are open.
- If you have an urgent medical problem that isn’t an emergency contact 111 first by phone or online
- The Urgent Treatment Centre at the Cumberland Centre in Devonport is open every day to treat you if you have an injury which isn’t life-threatening, but requires urgent treatment. Our Minor Injury Units at Tavistock and South Hams Hospital are also open everyday. You can find out more about our UTC and MIUs here.
Who do I speak to if I want to share a concern?
If you need help or support regarding our services, please speak to the relevant department or service in the first instance, or contact PALS for further support:
- Telephone: 01752 439884 (internally 39884). Our telephone lines are open between 09:30 - 12:30 and 13:00 - 16:00
- E-mail: plh-tr.PALS@nhs.net
- Or use our Contact Us form