The Pathology IT Department is located on Level 5 in the Microbiology Laboratory in Derriford hospital. We are a dedicated IT team dealing with pathology and related issues.
We manage and maintain the integrity of the two Pathology Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS):
- iLab (Cellular Pathology & Microbiology)
- PATH (Chemistry, Haematology & Blood Bank)
Enabling continued access by our users to these systems, we also support our users in problems relating to hardware or software; thus providing a frontline total support service.
We provide a comprehensive and timely information technology service across all of the pathology departments.
The Team’s responsibilities include:
- first point of contact for all IT issues in Pathology
- liaison with the System supplier (CSC) and the Trust’s IM&T Dept in order to facilitate rapid resolution to both System and User problems
- ensuring continued system integrity and functionality
- provision and maintenance of User access to both systems (both internal and external Users)
- provision of a comprehensive IT service for the whole of Pathology
- NHS Mail account maintenance for Pathology staff
- Pathology IT project management, eg:
- System upgrades
- ICE – GP Order Comms
- Business Intelligence software (real-time data visualisation)
- Automated sample racking system (current)
- Database Interrogation and Provision (using Cognos)
Telephone Number and Email
General Enquiries Numbers
- Adrian Heathcote (Pathology IT Team Manager)
- John Siewruk (Pathology System Manager)
- Paul Tucker (Pathology IT Specialist)
- Sky Fletcher (IT Technician)
For iCM and ICE issues, please contact the ICT HelpDesk on 437000.
Reviewed March 2019
This page will be updated June 2019