At DCHW we have a wide range of group fitness classes and with over 20 classes a week, no matter what your goal, level of fitness or exercise preference we have plenty to offer you.
When you visit, please wear comfortable clothing and appropriate trainers that provide adequate stability and flexibility.
Book a class
Members can book in for a group fitness class using the FitSense App, download the App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Please contact reception on 01752 437911 or email plh-tr.DHLC@nhs.net to set up your login details.
Winter Class Timetable
Find out more about our classes in our Class Description section below.
- Body Balance, Mind and Body, 9.30am to 10.15am, Rach H
- Yogalates, Mind and Body, 12.15pm to 1pm, Lisa S
- Pilates, Mind and Body, 4.30pm to 5.15pm, Sarah G
- Boot Camp, Strength and Tone, 5.30pm to 6.30pm, Sarah G
- IDance Fit, Cardio, 5.30pm to 6.15pm, Itasha
- Body Combat, Cardio, 6.15pm to 7pm, Itasha
- Weights Based Circuits, Strength and Tone, 9.30am to 10.15am, Kerrie H
- Body Attack, Cardio, 4.45pm to 5.30pm, Stacey B
- Body Pump, Strength and Tone, 5.45pm to 6.30pm, Kerri S
- Body Balance, Mind and Body, 6.40pm to 7.25pm, Itasha
- Body Conditioning, Cardio, 9.30am to 10.15am, Lisa S
- Gym Based Circuits, Cardio and Mind and Body, 1.15pm to 1.45pm, Jo S
- Spin, Cardio, 4.30pm to 5.10pm, Lisa S
- HIIT, Cardio, 5.15pm to 6pm, Lisa S
- Spin, Cardio, 12.15pm to 1pm, Lisa S
- Pilates, Mind and Body, 4.15pm to 5pm, Sarah G
- Gym Based Circuits, Cardio and Mind and Body, 4.15pm to 5pm, Kerrie H
- Body Pump, Strength and Tone, 5.30pm to 6.30pm, Sam H
- Body Balance, Mind and Body, 6.35pm to 7.05pm, Sam H
- Body Pump, Strength and Tone, 8.30am to 9.15am, Lisa S
- Body Combat, Cardio, 9.15am to 10am, Lisa S
- Body Balance, Mind and Body, 10.15am to 11am, PO
BODYATTACK™ is a high-energy, fun and athletic workout focused on cardio fitness, stamina and agility. Combining athletic movements like running, lunging and jumping with strength exercises such as push-ups and squats.
BODYBALANCE™ is a yoga-based class that will improve your mind and your body. The workout will lead you through a series of simple yoga moves which embrace elements of Tai Chi and Pilates exercises.
BODYCOMBAT™ is a high-energy martial arts-inspired workout that is totally non-contact. Learn moves from Karate, Taekwondo, Boxing, Muay Thai, Capoeira and Kung Fu, and punch and kick your way to fitness.
Body conditioning is a class with a wide range of physical activities and exercises that train the whole body.
BODYPUMP™ is a fast-paced, barbell-based workout that's specifically designed to help you get lean, toned and fit. It uses a combination of motivating music and scientifically proven moves to help you achieve these targets more quickly than you would working out on your own.
Bootcamp is an interval training workout with bursts of intense activity and rests of lighter activity. You can expect cardio, light weights, bodyweight exercises, such as pull-ups, push-ups, lunges and crunches, as well as drills and sprints.
GYM BASED CIRCUITS
In this circuits class you move round the gym doing a variety of exercises and activities for short periods of time, taking on cardio, resistance and strength training activities at various stations.
iDanceFit is a dance fitness programme for your mind, body and soul. The programme is a fun and full-body workout with simple moves which is why it is suitable for all ages and fitness levels.
A high-intensity exercise class on a stationary bike, combining cardio and endurance in a calorie-crunching session. It's great for giving you all the cardiovascular gains, as well as targeting your quads, hamstrings, glutes, calves and your core to make you super strong.
A high intensity interval training workout including both cardiovascular and resistance training.
Focusing on strength, stability, posture, proper breath control, and flexibility, it's fantastic for strengthening and balancing the muscles of the body, helping to rehabilitate and prevent injury as well as improve postural strength.
WEIGHTS BASED CIRCUITS
This weights based circuits class focuses on a variety of exercises and activities for short periods of time using weights to help you get toned and fit.
Yogalates is a mixture of pilates and yoga, where you'll get a workout that increases core strength and improves posture, whilst increasing flexibility and reducing stiffness, great for the body, mind and spirit.