- Macmillan Cancer Support – contact cancer nurses for support and information, produce an extensive range of booklets and fact sheets on all aspects of cancer, available free to patients. Telephone 0808 808 0000 or www.macmillan.org.uk.
- Macmillan Cancer Support Fund – is a UK-wide charity which supports people living with cancer. Macmillan cancer relief will provide grants for people with cancer in financial need. Your skin cancer specialist nurse can apply for grants to the fund on your behalf.
- Marcs Line – a resource centre for melanoma and related conditions and has a help line. Telephone 01722 415071 or email@example.com or www.wessexcancer.org.
- Cancer Research UK – a national information service for all types of cancer. Telephone 0808 800 4040 or www.cancerresearchuk.org and www.sunsmart.org.uk
- Winston’s Wish – guidance and information for families of bereaved children, supporting bereaved children and young people. Telephone 0845 203 0405 or www.winstonswish.org.uk.
- Benefit Enquiry Line – for help and advice on claiming benefit entitlements. Telephone 0800 882200
- Citizens Advice Bureau – Your phone book will have the number for your local office.
- Southwest Public Health Observatory: www.swpho.nhs.uk
- Mustard Tree Macmillan Centre - Offer people affected by cancer access to good quality, comprehensive and appropriate information and support. The Centre is based on level 3, Derriford Hospital. Opening times are Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays). Drop in or telephone on 01752 430060. Click here for more information about the Macmillan Mustard Tree Centre.
- Triangle Centres for Cancer - support and information for patients, their families and carers. The Centres, staffed by professionals and trained volunteers, provide a friendly and welcoming environment where you can share your concerns, ask questions and receive support and information.
Devonport, Cumberland Centre
Mondays 1.45pm -5.50pm
Telephone 01752 434390
Kingsbridge, South Hams Hospital
Tuesday 9.30am - 4.40pm
Telephone 01548 852349
Liskeard, Liskeard Community Hospital
Thursday 9.30am - 4.30pm
Telephone 01579 335600 Ext. 5628
Tavistock, Tavistock Clinic
Fridays 9.15am - 4.15pm
Telephone 01822 615935