The Mustard Tree is now fully reopen for support and guidance
The Mustard Tree is now fully reopen to both drop in and booked appointments. You can find us on Level 3 of the hospital, just outside the Royal Eye Infirmary (REI) entrance, where a warm welcome awaits you.
Our Outreach services in Tavistock, Kingsbridge, Liskeard and Ivybridge are also open for support and guidance – please contact the centre for times and dates.
You can be referred to our counselling, psychology, complementary therapy, financial and physiotherapy services through your CNS team, or by using the links on this page.
Alternatively, please pop in and see the wide range of support we offer. Our support workers can help to guide you through what is available, including wig and bra fitting services, Look Good Feel Better workshops, and support and wellbeing groups such as New Diagnosis. Blooming Well, Mindfulness and the fantastic iHope programme.
We also take referrals for the Living With and Beyond exercise group at Marjons, a free 4 week programme which runs throughout the year.
Opening times and contact details
Staff are available for support, guidance and information, please pop in or call.
- Open 9am until 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- 01752 430060
Please note; we are unable to accommodate children in the centre unless they are accompanied by an adult at all times.
Useful links and information for patients and their families
- MySunrise free app - comprehensive, up-to-date information for cancer patients and their families. Download from iOS or Android It is complete with a whole range of videos, relevant links, cancer resources and contact information.
- Online community - https://community.macmillan.org.uk/
- Macmillan provide advice on cancer information, welfare rights, energy bills, finances, work and cancer, specialist nurse team & Macmillan Grants support. Call 0808 808 0000 9am until 5pm, Monday until Friday.
- Covid 19 Resources available for Cancer patients https://www.macmillan.org.uk/coronavirus
- Information & Support from Point of diagnosis - patients can sign up for ongoing tailored information and support via post or email - https://www.macmillan.org.uk/supporting-your-patients-from-diagnosis.html
- iHope is a post treatment self-management programme. Please speak to your Cancer Nurse Specialist or contact The Mustard Tree for more information. Read the following for an overview Macmillan iHOPE overview.pdf [pdf] 132KB
Peninsula Information Centre support
The Cove is for people accessing treatment via Cornwall based hospitals.
- Advice available - counselling, psychological support, benefits advice and physiotherapy
- If you need to speak to any of the team then please phone 01872 256363 or Email email@example.com One of the team will be available from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Citizens Advice in Cornwall. Phone 01872 672090 – this is an answer phone so please leave a message and someone will phone you back.
The Lodge (Torbay) telephone support available via 01803 – 617521
Force (Exeter) Telephone support is available for:
- Cancer nursing team 01392 406151
- Psychological and emotional support 01392 406168/406169