The Mustard Tree is open for pre-booked appointments
Our number one priority at the Mustard Tree is the health, safety and wellbeing of the people we support and our members of staff. As a result of the current COVID-19 outbreak, we are making changes to the way our services will be run for the time being.
We know this is a difficult and confusing time, but please rest assured we will be doing our upmost to ensure we are providing those that rely on our services the best possible care and attention we can.
Our outreach centres in Kingbridge, Liskeard and Tavistock are currently open for pre-booked appointments.
Whilst we understand these temporary measures may cause some worry, please rest assured our team will be doing all they can to continue the support we know is important to all of those we see and hear from at the Mustard Tree.
- Staff are available for support, guidance and information over the telephone between 09:30 and 16:00, please call 01752 430060
- Benefits advice is also available through that number – telephone appointments will be made available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays
Useful links and information for patients and their families
- MySunrise free app - comprehensive, up-to-date information for cancer patients and their families. Download from iOS or Android It is complete with a whole range of videos, relevant links, cancer resources and contact information.
- Online community - https://community.macmillan.org.uk/
- Macmillan phoneline – support available from 9-5, Monday - Friday - 0808 808 0000 Provide advice on cancer information, welfare rights, energy bills, finances , work & cancer, specialist nurse team & Macmillan Grants
- Covid 19 Resources available for Cancer patients https://www.macmillan.org.uk/coronavirus
- Information & Support from Point of diagnosis - patients can sign up for ongoing tailored information and support via post or email - https://www.macmillan.org.uk/supporting-your-patients-from-diagnosis.html
- iHope – post treatment self-management programme. Please speak to your Cancer Nurse Specialist or contact The Mustard Tree for more information – Macmillan iHOPE overview.pdf [pdf] 132KB
Peninsula Information Centre support
The Cove (for people accessing treatment via Cornwall based hospitals)
If you need to speak to any of the team then please phone 01872 256363 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org One of the team will be available from 9 to 5pm, Monday to Friday
· Advice available - counselling, psychological support, benefits advice and physiotherapy
· For Citizens Advice in Cornwall phone 01872 672090 – this is an answer phone so please leave a message and someone will phone you back.
The Lodge (Torbay) telephone support available via 01803 – 617521
Force (Exeter) Telephone support available - CANCER NURSING TEAM - 01392 406151; PSYCHOLOGICAL AND EMOTIONAL SUPPORT - 01392 406168/406169