Useful leaflets and links
As an expectant parent you may find the following information leaflets useful. If you wish to talk about any aspect of your pregnancy, labour or birth, please contact your midwife.
- Partners who wish to stay overnight
- RCOG - Why your weight matters during pregnancy
- Birth place decision
- Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Family Information Service Directory
- Parents guide to Plymouth
- Twins and multiple births association
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Patient Information Leaflets
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- NHS Choices Pregnancy and Baby Guide
- Which? Birth Choice website
- POD - Plymouth Online Directory
- HANDi paediatric mobile app (A free app for parents/carers, which offers expert advice for common childhood illnesses)
- ‘Start for Life’ (weekly emails and videos giving help and advice during pregnancy, birth and parenthood; includes specific offer for fathers
Baby movement in pregnancy
- SANDS (Stillbirth and neonatal death charity)
- ARC (Antenatal Results and Choices)
- The Miscarriage Association
- SOFT UK (Support Organisation for Trisomy 13/18)
First aid training
Cord Blood Bank
The Maternity Line number is 01752 430200.
The Maternity Line is for all calls related to pregnancy from 20 weeks gestation, labour and newborn babies.
Before 20 weeks gestation the GP should be contacted
If it is an emergency, 999 should be called.