The Patient Council
The Patient Council aims to enhance patient involvement and engagement with the hospital and help improve its service to our local people. The Patient Council is made up of 11 patient representatives who attend monthly meetings to share their experiences at our hospital and provide broader feedback from patients and the public and act as a sounding board for ideas.
The purpose of the Patient Council is to:
- Act as the ‘Voice of the Patient’ ensuring that patient views, perceptions and aspirations are taken into account
- Work with the Trust to support the strategic direction for the patient experience strategy with the purpose of achieving the Trust’s vision of “Putting patients at the centre of everything we do”.
- Agree priorities in response to feedback to enable and influence improvements that deliver an improved patient experience.
- Promote the value of public engagement
- Actively participate in patient engagement activities and through alignment with clinical areas contribute to improvements in the patient experience at local level ensuring that the patient’s views is heard.
Would you like to get involved?
Would you like to make a difference to patients at Derriford Hospital? Would you like to participate in influencing the patient experience and shaping the future of our hospital?
If you would like to get involved please contact our Patient Experience Manager Jayne Glynn: