The Plymouth Gynae/Oncology Unit has a small team of specialists dedicated to providing first class care to patients with diseases of the female reproductive tract.
The team includes:
- Two consultant surgeons
- Three consultant oncologists
- Three consultant radiologists
- One consultant histopathologist
- One consultant palliative care physician
- Two clinical nurse specialists
- One multi-disciplinary team (MDT) co-ordinator
- Two dieticians
The surgeons work closely with colorectal, urology and plastic surgeons as required.
- Dr Highley - Consultant Medical Oncologist
- Dr Dubey - Locum Consultant Oncologist
The oncologists provide treatment which includes chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Follow-up after all treatment is conducted jointly with the gynaecologists.
- Dr Dubbins- Consultant Radiologist
- Dr DeFriend - Consultant Radiologist
- Dr P Williams - Consultant Radiologist
- Dr Oriolowo - Consultant Histopathologist
- Dr Nugent - Medical Director of St Luke's Integrated Services & Consultant in Palliative Medicine
Dr Nugent works with the St Luke's Hospital Palliative Care Team, along with one other consultant in palliative medicine, an associate specialist, and five specialist nurses.
Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS):
- Fran Jones - Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Alison Mayer - Clinical Nurse Specialist (Support)
Fran and Alison belong to the team of 24 cancer CNS who provide care for all cancer patients receiving treatment at Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust.
We have a team of MDT co-ordinators who work with the Cancer Services Department covering all cancer sites.
- Karen Snelgrove