The Plymouth Gynae/Oncology Unit has a small team of specialists dedicated to providing first class care to patients with diseases of the female reproductive tract.
The team includes the following Specialists:
- Two surgeons
- One histopathologist
- Two oncologists
- Three radiologists
- One palliative care physician
- Two clinical nurse specialists
- One multi-disciplinary team (MDT) co-ordinator
The surgeons work closely with colorectal, urology and plastic surgeons as required.
- Dr Highley - Medical Oncologist
- Dr Dubey - Clinical Oncologist
The oncologists provide treatment which includes chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Follow-up after all treatment is conducted jointly with the gynaecologists.
- Dr Oriolowo - Histopathologist
- Dr D Hooper - Medical Director of St Luke's Integrated Services & Consultant in Palliative Medicine
Dr D Hooper works with the St Luke's Hospital Palliative Care Team, along with one other consultant in palliative medicine, an associate specialist, and five specialist nurses.
Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS):
- Nikki Calder – Lead Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Stephanie Tunnicliff - Clinical Nurse Specialist
Nikki and Stephanie belong to a larger team of cancer CNS who provide care for all cancer patients receiving treatment at Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust.
We have a team of MDT co-ordinators who work with the Cancer Services Department covering all cancer sites.
- Karen Snelgrove (lead for Colposcopy)