We provide a comprehensive range of diagnostic imaging, including plain films, CT, MRI, ultrasound, Mammography, medical photography, flouroscopy, nuclear medicine including PET and healthy bones (DEXA) . We are a consultant led service dealing with primary, secondary and tertiary care referals.
Please click the links below for more information about the imaging modalities provided at Derriford -
- Breast Screening and Mammography
- Medical Photography
- Fluoroscopy including Barium Swallows and Enemas
- Nuclear Medicine
- Healthy Bones (Dexa)
- Interventional radiology
Did you know we also provide services at Peripheral Sites?
- Cumberland - X-Ray, Ultrasound and Minor Injuries unit
- Liskeard- X-Ray, Ultrasound and Minor Injuries Unit
- Launceston - X-Ray
- Mount Gould - X-Ray
- South Hams - X-Ray
- Tavistock - X-Ray
- Radiology Academy - Ultrasound and PET/CT
Why have I been referred for Imaging?
A scan with the Imaging Department is an important part of your medical treatment.
It is very important that you do not delay coming forward for your scan, particularly if your doctor has referred you as they suspect cancer (also known as 2ww - 2 week wait).
The risk of delaying treatment is very significant, but patients are naturally a bit hesitant of attending the hospital during the pandemic. Our departments have taken some important steps to ensure you can safely attend for your scan, such as:
- Strict 2m physical distancing at entrance points and in waiting rooms
- Increased time between appointments to allow for cleaning and avoid crossover.
- Ensuring hand washing facilities and hand sanitisers are available and used
- Screening for covid symptoms by telephone 24 hours before and on arrival.