Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
How can PALS help?
The PALS team at Plymouth Hospitals Trust is a patient friendly, easy-to-access service designed to provide a personal contact to assist patients, relatives and carers.
PALS can offer you on-the-spot advice and information when you have queries or difficulties regarding our services or the care you have received.
They will listen to your concerns and help you find ways of resolving them.
They will also take note of what you tell them to help us improve our services for patients.
They will also:
- Provide information about hospital services.
- Offer advice on where to go to get health information.
- Help with problems that you haven’t been able to sort out with staff on a ward or in a clinic.
- If you want to make a complaint - advise you how to do so.
- Tell you about independent organisations that can help you with a complaint.
- Listen to your views on how we can improve our services, and pass this on to the appropriate people for action.
Our PALS team are available Monday to Friday 09:00 -17:00 in the Welcome Centre on the main concourse of Level 6, you can contact them by telephone on 01752 439884.
If you require an interpreter
If your first language is not English, The Patient Services Team will be able to help and will work with the department you are attending to arrange for an interpreter to assist you.
How to contact the PALS team
Telephone: 01752 439884 (internally 39884) or 01752 432564 (internally 32564)
Out of Hours: Out of hours there is the facility to leave a message for a member of the team to make contact, to use this facility please telephone 01752 433074. If you call out-of-hours a member of the team will return your call within 24 hours or by the next working day.