The Plymouth Oesophago-Gastric Centre has a large team of specialists dedicated to providing first class care to patients with diseases of the oesophagus and stomach.
The team includes:
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Nurse Endoscopists
- MDT co-ordinators
- Palliative care physicians
You can access some further information about these specialists by clicking on the links above.
- Mr Sanders - Consultant Upper GI Surgeon
- Mr Wheatley - Consultant Upper GI Surgeon
- Mr Berrisford - Consultant Thoracic and Upper GI Surgeon
- Mr Humphreys - Consultant Upper GI Surgeon
- Mr Ariyarathenam - Consultant Upper GI Surgeon
The consultants secretaries can be contacted via the hospital switchboard on: 01752 202082
Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS):
Those patients that are being treated for cancers by the team will frequently have complex care, requiring multiple investigations, assessments and treatments. The Clinical Nurse Specialists will help co-ordinate you through this process and also provide a point of contact for any questions during recovery from cancer surgery.
There are CNS's based at hospitals around the region who we keep in touch with and may introduce themselves at your local clinic appointments. For cancer patients local to Plymouth the CNS's are:
- Marilyn Bolter - UGI Oncology Nurse Specialist
- Jen O'Reilly- UGI Oncology Nurse Specialist
The Clinical Nurse Specialists belong to a team of cancer CNS's who provide care for all cancer patients receiving treatment at Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust.