What is Parkinson’s Home Based Care?
This care pathway is for people with Parkinson’s disease. It supports you in managing your Parkinson’s symptoms and allows you to request a contact (call or visit) with a specialist nurse or doctor when you need one (instead of having pre-booked routine appointments). In addition, your motor and non-motor symptoms will be monitored by your Parkinson’s team, so that advice and treatment can be offered when required.
How does it work?
You will be sent a resource pack in the post, which will also contain a training DVD (which can also be viewed [here]). The pack will contain:
- [Book One] – which explains how the pathway works
- [Book Two] – which provides information and resources to help you manage your Parkinson’s
- Tracking cards – to explain different Parkinson’s symptoms
- [List of exercise providers] – across Devon and Cornwall who have been specially trained in Parkinson’s
- Parkinson’s passport – to help you keep important information close to hand
- Carer Guide and Resources Catalogue from Parkinson’s UK
If you would like to be considered for Home Based Care, Please contact the Home Based Care Help line
Home Based Care Help Line: 01752 432 681
Home Based Care Mailbox: email@example.com