Research Governance Training (GCP)
If you are involved in any form of research, it is a mandatory requirement at UPHNT to renew you GCP training every two years. GCP training can be completed by either attending one of our monthly group sessions or by completing an online e-learning course.
Please see below the GCP training dates for 2019.
UHPNT RD&I Training Dates for 2019:
- Tuesday 5th November 2019 (10:00-12:00) Seminar Room 1, Postgraduate Medical Centre, Derriford Hospital
- Thursday 5th December 2019 (14:00-16:00) Lecture Theatre, Postgraduate Medical Centre, Derriford Hospital
Please contact plh-tr.RD-Office@nhs.net or telephone 01752 (4) 32842 to fully secure your booking.
NIHR Training Dates for 2019:
- Thursday 25th April 2019 (9:00-17:00) PMS Conference Room, RILD RD&E Hospital, Barrack Road, Exeter EX2 5DW
- Monday 09th December 2019 (9:00-16:30) The Knowledge Spa, Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 3HD
- Friday 17th January 2020 (9:00-17:00) Seminar Room 3, RILD, RD&E Hospital, Barrack Road, Exeter, EX2 5DW
Click here to secure your booking.
Alternatively, if you would prefer to do your GCP training online please see below for the following links:
At PenCLAHRC we believe that better, cheaper and safer health care can be provided by making decisions that are based on evidence.
Many of us are busy meaning that accessing, interpreting and implementing evidence is difficult. We provide a programme of free high quality critical appraisal skills workshops. It will help you identify the information gems amongst the information deluge to which we are all subjected. Please register online by visiting our website, here. If you can’t attend this time, there are others available around the region, or contact email@example.com to be kept up to date.
If you have been on a workshop and thought it was useful, could you recommend it to a colleague or trainee? Open to all doctors, allied health professionals, managers, or anyone else working in healthcare and interested in improving their critical thinking, we are happy to discuss the possibility of bespoke training with individual departments.
NIHR Committee Membership Opportunities
Membership of an NIHR Committee involves detailed review of research briefs, applications and other papers, as well as online preparation in advance of attendance at meetings, which are usually held in London. Click here for the current list of membership calls for National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) committees.