Sustainable Environment Group - Green Pledge
The Sustainable Environment group is responsible for the following actions:
- Monitoring, protecting and promoting the enhancement of the Hospital's natural surroundings
- Assessing the impact that health activities incur on these
- Providing independent assessment of the impact of proposed Trust projects that may have a negative impact on the natural environment, with the aim of finding solutions that protect from or mitigate against any environmental damage
- Commission consultancy from environmental professionals as required to ensure robust management
- Ensure involvement of staff, Patients and general public, as appropriate, in order to steer any environmental projects and works
The group runs a regular, usually bi-monthly, online discussion forum for all interested parties, enabling discussion of environmental concerns and projects within Trust premises.
Anyone is free to attend and we welcome new and returning members. Attendees are free to raise new orders of business, listen to projects being discussed and also have the opportunity to get actively involved in some of our environmental improvement projects. If you would like to be get involved or would any further information about the group, please email us at plh-tr.EnvironmentalGroup@nhs.net.