The Hepatico-pancreatico-biliary cancer centre has a large team of specialists dedicated to providing first class care to patients with diseases of the liver, pancreas and biliary system.
The team includes:
- Four consultant surgeons
- Four consultant hepatologists
- Two consultant oncologists
- Five consultant radiologists
- One histopathologist
- One clinical nurse specialist
- One multi-disciplinary team (MDT) coordinator
- One HPB pathway coordinator
The surgeons work closely with the Gastroenterology Directorate which has four hepatologists and three oesophageal-gastric surgeons and two thoracic surgeons.
The hepatologists work as part of the Gastroenterology Directorate which has five more gastroenterologists specialising in upper gastrointestinal diseases.
- Dr D. Sherriff - Consultant Oncologist
- Dr G. Cogill - Consultant Clinical Oncologist
The oncologists work with the Oncology and Blood Services Directorate which has a further six clinical and one medical oncologists.
The radiologists work with the Imaging Directorate which has a further 22 consultant radiologists.
Dr Denson works with the Pathology Directorate which has a further eight consultant pathologists.
Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Claire Downing - Lead HPB Oncology Nurse Specialist
- Elizabeth Whitby - HPB Oncology Nurse Specialist
The Clinical Nurse Specialists belong to a team of 24 cancer CNS’s who provide care for all cancer patients receiving treatment at Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust.
- Denyse Harris - MDT Co-ordinator
We have a team of MDT co-ordinators who work with the Cancer Services Department covering all cancer sites.
The HPB Team meet weekly every Friday morning to agree individual treatment plans. Following the meeting, you will be seen in the clinic or ward by your Consultant and the management plan discussed with you and your family. A copy of the management plan will be sent to your GP.