The Patient Council
The Patient Council aims to enhance patient involvement and engagement with the hospital and help improve its service to our local people. The Patient Council is made up of 11 patient representatives who attend monthly meetings to share their experiences at our hospital and provide broader feedback from patients and the public and act as a sounding board for ideas.
The purpose of the Patient Council is to:
- Act as the ‘Voice of the Patient’ ensuring that patient views, perceptions and aspirations are taken into account
- Work with the Trust to support the strategic direction for the patient experience strategy with the purpose of achieving the Trust’s vision of “Putting patients at the centre of everything we do”.
- Agree priorities in response to feedback to enable and influence improvements that deliver an improved patient experience.
- Promote the value of public engagement
- Actively participate in patient engagement activities and through alignment with clinical areas contribute to improvements in the patient experience at local level ensuring that the patient’s views is heard.
We are looking for people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to join our patient council.
The patient council is a dynamic team of people who are passionate about improving the patient experience. We want to match you up with the people, projects and opportunities to help you make things better for patients.
- Be part of something important
- See behind the scenes of the South West’s largest acute hospital
- Get leadership training to support you in your role on the patient council
- Be part of exciting projects to make things better for patients
Patient council members say:
“I enjoy the chance to give back”
“It’s a great use of my time and skills”
“It’s rewarding making things better for patients”
Full training is provided
If you like to influence the patient experience and shaping the future of our hospital, please contact our Patient Experience Team:
01752 439 884