Before your admission
- You will get a letter to tell you when and what time you need to come into hospital.
- On your admission day you may need to ring and check that there is a bed ready for you – if it is necessary to call in advance, your admission letter will state this and give details of where and what time you need to phone.
What to bring with you
- Inhaler, tablets or medicines you are taking.
- Night clothes, slippers (non-slip) and dressing gown.
- Comfortable clothes or tracksuit.
- Toiletries (e.g. towel, soap, flannel, toothbrush, hairbrush, shaving kit, cosmetics).
- Spectacles/hearing aids/ contact lenses if you use them.
- Change for phone calls, newspapers etc.
- Something to read.
Please try to avoid bringing valuables or large sums of money into hospital. If this is not possible, please give them to the nurse to take to the cashier’s office for safekeeping. We cannot accept responsibility for items that are lost, if you don’t ask us to look after them.
Do you have any particular requirements?
Please tell the ward in advance if you or your family have any particular. requirements e.g. a disability or you need an interpreter, and we will do our best to help.
If you require a special diet please let the ward know 24 hours before your admission.