What we do
To be creative you have to contribute something different from what you've done before. Your results need not be original to the world; few results truly meet that criterion. In fact, most results are built on the work of others." — Lynne C. Levesque
Levesque's quote describes our Innovation section's function. We performs tasks for all areas of the hospital, by seeking commercial solutions or development of devices/systems that are unavailable.
We work with staff who have ideas that will lead to improvements, some of which may have commercial potential. Working closely with other units in the Hospital the section is competent in the provision of small volumes of Electronic/Digital devices, Electro-mechanical devices, use of synthetic materials, programming of processor chips to computer applications with supporting data storage development.
- Presentation of Idea
- Review and analysis of the need
- Evaluation of proposed solution and/or investigation of solutions
- Validation technology to provide solution
- Development and production of low volume items
- Arrangement for the production of greater volumes
- Provison of training and guidance to key-trainers