Devon Maternity Voices Partnership
Devon Maternity Voices Partnership (MVP) is a collective of parents (and parents to be) providers of maternity services (health professionals, charities, Healthwatch, non-health professionals) working together to review and contribute to the development of local maternity care across Devon.
The role of the MVP is to support parents (including parents to be) and maternity service providers to share their experiences and work together to continually improve maternity services.
How you can get involved?
Get involved with Devon MVP, help shape and review maternity services in Devon. You can decide how involved you would like to be. There are different ways of participating depending on your interest and available time:
- Share your experiences of maternity services on social media (T:@DevonMaternity F:Better Births Devon) or by email email@example.com, and look out for future events to attend
- Join and represent women and families on the Devon MVP partnership (terms of reference coming soon)
- Collect maternity stories, experiences, insights and recommendations from your community which we can feedback on your behalf
- Host a local gathering. We want views from the different geographies of Devon (this could be through an existing group you already attend e.g. a baby group, or perhaps you have an idea for your own gathering
- Champion a particular aspect of maternity services. Perhaps you are passionate about homebirths, or as a dad you are interested in support for fathers. If you feel strongly about a particular element of maternity services and are interested in getting others involved in this topic please get in touch, we would love to hear from you.
- Be involved in maternity service quality improvement initiatives eg a ‘Walk the Patch’ in your local maternity unit’
Why get involved?
- By sharing your experiences and volunteering some of your time you can help shape maternity services in Devon
- Help to make sure that all voices, including those whose voices are less easily heard, contribute to the development of maternity services in Devon.
- Help to make sure we are looking at topics which are important to parents and taking recommendations on how maternity care can be improved