Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
How can PALS help?
The PALS team at University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust is a patient friendly, easy-to-access service designed to provide a personal contact to assist patients, relatives and carers.
We can offer you on-the-spot advice and information when you have queries or difficulties regarding our services or the care you have received. We will listen to your concerns and help you find ways of resolving them. We will also take note of what you tell us to help us improve the services for all of our patients.
We can also:
- Provide information about hospital services.
- Offer advice on how to obtain health information and guidance.
- Assist with concerns that you haven’t been able to sort out with staff on a ward or in a department.
- Listen to your views on how we can improve our services, and pass this on to the appropriate person for action.
- Provide advice on how to make a formal complaint.
- Provide advice on independent organisations that can help you with a complaint.
If you require more information please find our PALS Leaflet below :
How to contact the PALS team
PALS Hub: The PALS team are available Monday to Friday 9.30am to 12.30pm and 1pm to 4.30pm in the PALS Hub on the main concourse of Level 6.
Telephone: 01752 439884 (internally 39884) between 9.30am to 12.30pm and 1pm to 4pm
Post: Patient Advice & Liaison Service, Patient Services Office, Level 7, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, PL6 8DH
Out of Hours: Out of hours there is the facility to leave a message for a member of the team to make contact, to use this facility please telephone 01752 439694. If you call out-of-hours a member of the team will return your call within 24 hours or by the next working day.
If you require an interpreter
If your first language is not English, The Interpreter and Translator Team will be able to help and will work with the department you are attending to arrange for an interpreter to assist you.
Support - The Advocacy People
The Advocacy People is a free, independent advocacy service that can help you make a complaint about any aspect of your NHS care or treatment.
Their contact details are:
Tel: 0300 440 9000
Text: 80800 keyword PEOPLE