Respiratory medicine is a multifaceted specialty dealing with long term lung conditions, short term infections, acute life threating respiratory deterioration, advanced respiratory support and end of life care. All of this is dealt with on a daily basis by the respiratory wards at Derriford Hospital.
Why work for us?
Our patient’s experience is at the heart of everything we do and we react to all of our feedback to continuously improve our care delivery to ensure our patients receive the right care in the right environment. We strive to deliver care with efficiency, compassion and love.
Looking for a job?
We run regular recruitment events for qualified nurses (and those soon to be qualified), you can find out about our next Nursing and Midwifery open day.
Visit our volunteering page if you are interested in volunteering with us to find out more about careers in healthcare.
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiology and Neurology
- Cardiothoracic and vascular surgery
- Colorectal, HPB, Oesophageal – Gastric and General Surgery
- Critical Care (Cardiac)
- Critical Care (General)
- Emergency Department
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Gynaecology, Fertility and Sexual Health
- Health Care of the Elderly
- Immunology and allergy
- Main Outpatients and PIU
- Medical Assessment Unit (MAU)
- Ophthalmology (REI)
- Paediatrics and Neonatal
- Respiratory Medicine
- Surgical Assessment Unit (SAU)
- Trauma, Orthopaedics and Rheumatology