Changes to Transport Booking
The Patient Transport Service is for patients who are considered medically unfit to travel by other means.
You will need to contact the patient transport provider which relates to your GP practice.
- If you are with a Plymouth or Devon GP, call 0345 155 1009
- If you are with a Cornwall GP, call 01872 252211
In the event of unforeseen circumstances or miscommunication, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust cannot guarantee transport and accepts no responsibility for events and costs as a result of no transport being available
As this is a very limited service, priority is given to vulnerable people in isolated and rural areas. You may qualify if you:
- Do not have or are unable for medical reasons to travel in your own transport and
- Cannot be driven to your healthcare appointment with friends, neighbours or relatives and
- Are medically unable to use public transport, or this is not practical due to your isolated/rural address
- AND without transport you will be unable to keep your hospital appointment
Please telephone TAP (Transport Access Patients) on 01872 223388 between 9.00am and 4.00pm weekdays (excluding bank holidays)
Booking requests need to be received at least 48 hours before your appointment but no more than 14 days in advance
- Vehicles will be shared with other patients, meaning journeys will take longer
- Please give a minimum 24 hours notice of cancellation or change to journey details
- If transport is not cancelled you will be charged for the journey
- Please ensure you are ready at least 1 hour before the appointment. More time should be allowed the greater the distance from the hospital
- Drivers are not trained paramedics, although they MAY hold a first aid certificate
How much will it cost?
TAP will endeavour to book the cheapest, most appropriate transport for your needs (subject to availability). TAP charge 42p per mile for this service.
Frequent User Pass
A frequent users pass can be purchased from the Cashiers office to subsidise your travel to the Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust sites. The pass can only be purchased if you have to attend the hospital three or more times a week, and is valid for a period of four weeks. The current cost of these passes are £48.00 per four weeks.
Healthcare Travel Cost Scheme
You may qualify for help with transport costs, through the Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme, if you travel by the cheapest means of transport which is reasonable for you to use, and if you are in receipt of:
- Income support
- Income based job seekers allowance
- Working Tax Credit with Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax credit with a disability or severe disability element
- Child Tax Credit (if the award letter confirms income is below the relevant threshold)
- Pension Guaranteed Credit
To claim reimbursement, proof of the qualifying benefit and transport receipts should be presented to the Cashiers Office at the hospital.
|Cheapest fare reimbursed
|Patients own transport
|15 pence per mile (to a maximum of the cheapest fare above
|Bridge toll, hospital car parking charges
|TAP supported transport - voluntary car, MPV, wheelchair accessible
|42p per mile
|Wheelchair accessible taxi (NOT booked via TAP)
|WRVS / Cornwall voluntary car
|Other voluntary car
To make a claim on the day of your attendance at Derriford Hospital please go to the Cashiers Office, level 7.
- Download our patient information leaflet "NHS Funded Patient Transport"